Saturday, February 2, 2008

Suppressing anger and forgiving others

Asalamu'alikum Bros,

Alhumdulilah I am doing welland inshallah all of you are too. These days I am busy with work, Masjid (I am on the exec committee) or planning my next business venture (please make dua that my next business venture is successful as well as beneficial to others). The hadith that Imad posted is perfect for solving many disputes that occur in Masajids and for that matter between Muslims all over...The part about "avoid quarelling even if you are in the right" is especially relevant. My local Masjid had many such problems, but alhumdulilah with the new board things are turning around.

I would like to share the folowing ayat:
“And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden, as wide as the heavens and the earth; it is prepared for those who keep their duty, those who spend (in charity) in ease as well as in adversity and those who suppress anger and pardon people. And Allah loves the doers of good to others.” — 3:133–134

-Usman

No comments: