Saturday, February 16, 2008

Asalaamu Alaikum

Asalaamu Alaikum brothers,

I'm doing well and looking forward to my brother's visit later today insha' Allah. I think we have to reccognize the minor losses in our lives as just that and from time to time the selfish part of me can blow these things out of proportion. We must remember that our time here is short and if we become distracted by the things that don't matter we may put ourselves at greater loss. This is truly one of my favorite surat because it helps me to bring back into perspective a major loss versus a minor loss. I hope all is well with you brothers and insha' Allah our paths cross soon. Ahmed you are up...

Al-Asr
1. WaalAAasri
1. By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),
2. Inna al-insana lafee khusrin
2. Verily Man is in loss,
3. Illa allatheena amanoo waAAamiloo alssalihati watawasaw bialhaqqi watawasaw bialssabri
3. Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.

No comments: