Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Qur'an is our guide

Assalamu alaikum everyone!

I hope we all benefited from this past Ramadan, the month of Qur'an!

Allah's Messenger (Peace be upon him) said;
"The best of you are those who learn the Quran and teach it." (Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 61, Number 545)

Alhamdulillah, as some of you guys may know, I had the blessing of learning tajweed (proper quranic recitation) and memorization of the Qur'an for a few months earlier this year.

The experience opened my eyes to how easy the qur'an is to learn with a little effort!

I feel it is incumbent upon me to both continue to learn AND teach what I learned.

If you think about it, we are reciting qur'an at least 17 times a day...do we know what we are reciting? Do we know if we are reciting it properly?

Allah (SWT) told us that our guide manual for living this life is the Qu'ran (read the first two ayahs of surah baqarah)...by not making a simple effort to understand it, we are in effect ignoring our guide for success!

-----------So here's the deal:

A few people have asked me to teach them Qur'an, my schedule is pretty variable,  so instead...
I came up with this Awsome idea , using  cutting-edge internet technology, to teach the essentials of Quranic recitation in just 10 minutes a week!

I am only letting a few people know about it so they can give me feedback.

If you think it is worth my time and your time then send me and e-mail by this Friday.

If you are already learning qur'an with a teacher, then no problem. :)

May Allah continue to bless us in our work, and May Allah accept our fasts and prayers!

Salam,
-Safi

No comments: