Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Prepare for The Afterlife

I am currently listening to the audio lecture set by Sheikh Anwar al-awlaki titled "The Hereafter," so I thought it would be a good to remind ourselves to not delay doing good deeds and to stay focused on building for our afterlife which is eternal rather than the worldly life which is temporary.

"O you who believe! Let not your properties or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. And whosoever does that, then they are the losers. And spend (in charity) of that with which We have provided you, before death comes to one of you, and he says: `My Rubb! If only You would give me respite for a little while (i.e., return to the worldly life), then I should give Sadaqah (i.e., Zakat) of my wealth, and be among the righteous' And Allah grants respite to none when his appointed time (death) comes. And Allah is All-Aware of what you do.'' (63:9-11)

May Allah consider us among the righteous and help us to stay focused on doing good and preparing for our afterlife...

-Usman

No comments: