Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Depending on Obligatory Deeds

Assalamu Alaikum brothers. I hope you are all well. I have Alhumdullilah the last few weeks been taking a streamlined ulema course. One of the imma that went w/us to hajj is teaching. The 3 subjects this semester are Tafseer-ul-Quran (right now we're doing Surah Yaseen), Aqeedah & An-Nawawi's 40 hadith. We are supposed to memorized the Quran & Hadith in their original Arabic along w/their meanings in English. In addition we are learning to read & write in Arabic. In this spirit I want to pass on the latest hadith we covered. Enjoy.

Depending on Obligatory Deeds: A man asked the Messenger of Allah: Do you think that if I perform the obligatory prayers, fast in Ramadan, treat as lawful that which is lawful & treat as forbidden & do nothing further, I shall enter Paradise? He said: Yes. (Muslim)


-Akhi Shamim

No comments: