Tuesday, January 15, 2008

You knocked a glass of water over

Assalamualaikum brothers, InshaAllah you are all doing well. I recently started my surgery rotation at a county hospital in Torrance, which is about a 25 minute drive from my apt. Alhamdulillah, it's really interesting and my team has involved me in many aspects of patient care so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Also, the senior resident on our team is Muslim and that's been really cool. I'm still trying to get adjusted to the surgery hours, but I think it's possible as long as I get to bed early (inshaAllah). I hope the Florida brothers had a great time on the trip, and inshaAllah, I'll be able to join you all on the next trip.

Also, I'm sorry that I haven't been posting as regularly as we initially wanted for the Islamic Reminder email rotation. But, inshaAllah I hope the following benefits you.

In Surah al-An'am, Ayah 59 Allah (swt) says: "And with Him are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except Him. And He knows what is on the land and in the sea. Not a leaf falls but that He knows it. And no grain is there within the darkness of the earth and no moist or dry [thing] but that it is [written] in a clear record."

Subhanallah guys, I thought this ayah was incredible. Allah's (swt) knowledge is so complete and wide ranging that even if I knocked over a glass of water, that was close to being empty, in the middle of the night, and only a few leftover droplets fell out of the glass and moistened the top fibers of the carpet, Allah (swt) would know all of this and to much greater detail than I am describing here. Subhanallah! I miss you guys and I hope I can hang out with you all in the near future, inshaAllah.

Take care and have a great week (inshaAllah),

Sameer

No comments: