Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ramadan Iftar Dua!

Assalamu alaikum my brothers!

I hope you guys had a blessed start this Ramadan...
Lately I've been reminiscing about the blessed times we had at JHU, man I miss seeing you guys!

This past summer I finally got a chance to visit my grandparents and relatives (from my mom's side) in India.
It's been 7 years since I last went, so alhamdulillah, it has been a memorable experience!

When I got back from India, Allah blessed me with the chance to go to Houston for a 2 week Islamic program.
While there I got to finally meet baby Maryam Zamanian and her wonderful father, Sam Ahmad :)
Subhan Allah it's almost been 2 years since I last saw him!

Since then I have started back up with my 2nd year of Med school, with a short break this past weekend for ISNA in my hometown, Columbus, Ohio.

Now that Ramadan has started, I found this dua to be very relevant to help us make the best use of our time:

The prophet (SAW) declared, 'Three men whose dua is never rejected (by Allah) are: when a fasting person breaks fast (in another narration, the fasting person until he breaks his fast), the just ruler and the one who is oppressed.'[Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi - Hasan]

So next time we are anxiously waiting to break our fast, let focus on making dua :)

Check out this video to learn about how to best apply this hadith: http://www.halaltube.com/towards-an-outstanding-ramadan

Salam,
-Safi

No comments: