Sunday, August 17, 2008

Obtaining happiness

Salaams all,

I hope everyone is doing well with their lives. Alhamdulillah, I've
finished two full blocks of my third year of med school and starting a
new one tomorrow. I'm still clueless as to what I want to do with my
life, but third year has definitely been a lot of fun so far and
waaaay better than the first two years of med school (for all those
currently in or going into your first two years of med school...trust
me, its all worth it in the end). I just recently moved into a new
apartment and am also busy with everything that goes with that.

Here's a hadith I found on obtaining happiness, which, according to
this hadith, is a lot easier than we make it out to be:

"Happiness is granted to he who deals with his own defects and leaves
the defects of others, spends in alms the surplus of his goods,
retains from futile words and satisfies himself with the sunnah."

Take care.

--Zain Syed

No comments: