Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Salam from Nabil

Assalamu Alaikom brothers,
 
Hope all is well. Sorry for the delay. I'm missing you brothers. Chicago was a lot of fun, alhamdulliah. From rowing to IV ping pong, Chicago was too much fun. Imad, thanks for hosting us, bro. May Allah reward you and your family for your hospitality and  generosity. Ameen!  I'm looking forward to our next trip, iA.
 
I wanted to welcome our new JHUMA alumuni to our group, Moktar, Omair, Javed, Arif, and Abad. It will be nice to hear from you in the upcoming weeks. Please see the end of the email for the rotation schedule.
 
School-wise, I'm not taking any classes this month and will resume in July, iA.  In terms of work, I've been coming up to Boston for the last couple of weeks and will be working here till the end of this month, iA. It has been a lot of grunt work, but alhamdullilah, the work has given me different perspectives. Family-wise, a lot of my extended family (from New Zealand, Kuwait, Cali, etc) have been visiting our home and is been nice spending time with them.  Besides that, its been same ol. 
 
Please keep me in your prayers and iA, I will do the same. May Allah protect us from Shaitan's whispers and always give us peace of heart in this life and the next. Ameen!
 
The following hadith gives me a lot of hope and comfort. May Allah help us become closer servants. Ameen!

Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

"Allah the Almighty has said: 'Whosoever acts with enmity towards a closer servant of Mine (wali), I will indeed declare war against him. Nothing endears My servant to Me than doing of what I have made obligatory upon him to do. And My servant continues to draw nearer to Me with supererogatory (nawafil) prayers so that I shall love him. When I love him, I shall be his hearing with which he shall hear, his sight with which he shall see, his hands with which he shall hold, and his feet with which he shall walk. And if he asks (something) of Me, I shall surely give it to him, and if he takes refuge in Me, I shall certainly grant him it.'"

[Al-Bukhari]

 
 Be safe and take care of yourselves. Gerald, you are up on the blog.

Peace,

Nabil
 
P.S. For more info on the hadith: http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadith38.htm

 

No comments: