Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fear Allah wherever you may be ...

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh, brothers,

InshaAllah all is well with everyone. I'm sorry I couldn't see more of you guys when I visited NJ/NY/Baltimore a few weeks back, but inshaAllah, we will have an opportunity to meet up in the near future.

As for me, alhamdulillah, I have no complaints. Maryam is progressing, alhamdulillah... she now stands when holding on to something, and, mashaAllah, she said her first word a little over a week ago... it was "baba" =) (alhamdulillah, I was training her to say baba for the last few months, and by the grace of Allah, it worked, mashaAllah). We've been trying to get her to say "Allah" as well, but mashaAllah, I think the "l" sound is a bit more advanced than the b's and m's :). Anyways, below is the hadeeth I would like to share. Please forgive me for being a little late on the post. As always, please keep me and my family in your duas, and please don't hesitate to give any naseehah.

Jazaakumullahu khayran.
-Ahmad

http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadith18.htm

Hadith #18 from Imam An-Nawawi's 40 Hadith:

Hadith 18 Arabic text

Abu Dhar Jundub bin Junadah and Abu Abdul Rahman Mu’adh bin Jabal, radiyallahu anhuma, reported that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

“Fear Allah wherever you may be; follow up an evil deed with a good one which will wipe (the former) out, and behave good-naturedly towards people.”

[Al-Tirmidhi relates it, saying: It is a good (hasan) Tradition. In some copies he says: It is a good and genuine (hasan and sahih) Hadith.]

No comments: