Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hajj

"And Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah) to the House (Ka`bah) is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, those who can afford the expenses (for one's conveyance, provision and residence); and whoever disbelieves [i.e., denies Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah), then he is a disbeliever of Allah], then Allah stands not in need of any of the `Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists).'' (3:97)



Assalamu Alaikum. I know it is not Hajj season yet, but I wanted to include this Ayat because inshallah I intend to perform the Hajj this year with my mother. Inshallah I'll be leaving on Dec. 4th and coming back on the 24th. I encourage everyone to try to do this while we're still young as it's an obligation.

Please make dua for me that I can perform my Hajj successfully and that it is accepted by Allah (swt). Also please forgive me if I have wronged anyone. I apologize sincerely for any wrongdoing. Jazakallah Khairan.

No comments: